Go Back   The Come Up Board > ASK THE PROS.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:07 PM
seffer offline
Triple Platinum.

seffer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to seffer Send a message via Yahoo to seffer

You better answer some god damn questions.

-seth
Old 01-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Van Homan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Completely agree with this. You're one of, if not the biggest, influence on my riding.

I remember an ad Schwinn did a long time ago where it had a photo of each member of the pro team and a little list of current accomplishments. Next to your picture it said something like "street god." Looking back on your carrier,how do you feel about statements like that. I think to most all of us would agree that it's an accurate and earned statement.
Thanks. Statements like that are pretty funny. I was never really to excited when they would print stuff like that but it does kind of give prospective in a weird way on how cool bmx is. Its great that a rider dosn't have to enter contest and be competitive to "make it".
Old 01-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronasa View Post
what's the sickest spot you've ever ridden?

what's one thing you never imagined you'd do, but has been made possible because of BMX?

how are you SO good!?
I'm pretty sure DusselDorf Germany would have to be the sickest spot i've ever ridden. Its pretty unreal the amount of crazy things their are to ride in that one little area.

I never dreamed I would see the world and buy a house because of bmx. Its a good feeling and i'm very appreciative.

As far as being "Good". I've never really been a fast learner. I just stick with things and try not to let fear get in the way of my dreams. That can apply to so many things in life. Follow your heart.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 PM
noLEZBOyouHOMO offline
Legit.

noLEZBOyouHOMO is on a distinguished road

whoah! 3 part question!

-favorite road fools?

-what was it like filming the intro for criminal mischief?(most epic video to date) i still laugh at it every time i watch it to this day

-over the years ive noticed that ryan dunn wears little devil stuff in all the videos like all the CKY's, haggard etc. and hes in the intro to criminal mischief. are you friends with him and does he ride?

o ya. P.S. your grips are sick....love em

Last edited by noLEZBOyouHOMO; 01-23-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceroy View Post
I really liked your riding in summer of fit, that roof drop was awesome!
what do you think about the x-games street comps?
Thanks I thought the summer of Fit video came out really good. That was a fun trip and its good to see that other people enjoyed it too.
I think the X-Games street comps are really fun but no matter what you do their is some kind of back lash. The comps are fun and the courses are too but in time money changes things. I think over all they are a good thing and I hope to see more of them but its kind of like how dirt jump comps were really cool 10 years ago but eventually it turned in to Contest Riders and Trail Riders. Thats just the nature of the beast.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Rosie O'Donnel offline
Triple Platinum.

Rosie O'Donnel is on a distinguished road

JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT IF YOU CLICK THE PAPER WITH A PLUS SIGN AT THE BOTTOM YOU CAN QUOTE AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU WANT AND THEN PRESS REPLY, IT WILL BE QUICKER AND EASIER FOR YOU
Old 01-23-2008, 05:49 PM
chase d offline
BRAND NAME DUDE.

chase d is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumontdennis View Post
can u hop 3? never seen one in a vid

im of course not van, but don't let him fool you, his hop 3 game is on point!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Rosie O'Donnel offline
Triple Platinum.

Rosie O'Donnel is on a distinguished road

http://www.thecomeupboard.com/forum/...ad.php?t=10816

what is it like having every bike rider on Earth always putting your CM part in their top 5 favorite part ever, and rightfully so?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:51 PM
fitbrian offline
New.

fitbrian is on a distinguished road

he does one in the fit puerto rico video...
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebie View Post
Holy shit, I was just thinking about how cool it would be with a Van Homan Q&A.. You've been my favorite rider since I got into bmx, and like already stated one of the biggest influences on todays streetriding..
I got 3 questions:
1. How did it feel to ride in the xgames?
2. Why did you start to ride street, and where did you get inspiration for your riding?
3. Probably been asked this before, but whats up with your tailwhips? Did you just learn them counterclockwise or what?

BTW. That barspin-gap to icepick grind in the Fitlife video may be the sickest thing I have ever seen, props..
X-Games have always been fun for me. Lots of free food and they have always had amazing courses. My days of X-Games are done unless they put the Street event in it but i'm glad I got to experience it.
i started riding street because I really didn't have anything else to ride. We would build trails and ride street when i was younger. We didn't have any ramps. Inspiration comes from so many places and so many people its really hard to pin point.
As far as my Tailwhips... I just learned them the wrong reason for some reason. Not sure why thats just the way that felt more comfortable.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
You have possibly the strongest frame ever, and I own it. so nice!

You're an amazing rider dude!

I see your attitude is really really good.

How does it feel to be Van Homan?

Van did you get knocked out when you hit your head 180'ing that 13 set?
Thanks man I'm glad you like the frame. Fit and I tried to keep it strong with out making it to heavy. Everything is getting so light these days but the way I ride and the way a lot of people still ride requires a little bit tougher frame. I think its the perfect mix between strength and Weight.
I have to say it feels pretty good to be Van Homan. I have been able to ride my bike for a living for the past 10 years. Its a dream come true. I've always tried to follow my heart and stick by the people I believed in. I think its paid off and keep me really happy. I have grown up a little getting married, buying a house and opening a business but I'm still a kid at heart and still having a great time riding.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Danny Glover offline
Gold user.

Danny Glover is on a distinguished road

do you ever check thecomeup to see if anyones talking shit?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammez View Post
hey Van, your an absolute animal and i was wondering whos your favourite rider?
Favorite rider is a really tough one. Their are so many riders out there that I almost hate to say any names at all. A couple people that I respected as riders when I was kid and now still respect as riders, people, business men and so much more are Joe Rich and Ian Morris. I'm just going to leave it at that because i could seriously make a list a mile long.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Pinghera offline
New.

Pinghera is on a distinguished road

what went through your mind before you did the rail manual at city hall in philly?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
You are a BMX God.

My question would having a light (under 25lbs) bike scare you? Seeing as you do so many insane gaps, I would assume you gave up caring about your bikes weight, and focused mainly on strength. Am I correct?

-Van-
I like to try to keep my bike fairly light but I'm not crazy about it. I want it to hold up and be able to trust it. I just try to keep a good mix of weight and strength
Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamed_UK View Post
Who is your favorite rider from good'ol UK ?

AND

Where is the best place you've rode in the UK (providing you've ever visited the place)

Love your style, my optional question being, are your muscles bigger than edwins? haha =)
Ian Morris is my favorite rider in the UK. I rode some fun street spots in London but I don't have a strong opinion on my favorite spot in the UK.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Raz offline
Quadruple Platinum.

Raz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raz

Thanks man. Yeah your frame is super strong i've done tailwhips into rails by accidents like 8 times in a row and no dents. I chose your frame after seeing how sick it looks raw, your frame has the best geometry for a higher bb frame. And well, i'm supporting a beast like Van Homan.

Sorry to ask you this agian, but in CM did that 13 stair you tryed to 180 knock you out; the music like slowed down and the clip cut off... I was panic as fuck when I saw that lol. Anything you got dropping from fit? ima try to pick up your new grips... How did you feel riding with Aaron Ross at the mexican street games; seems like you guys were running the same lines almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garebear View Post
tcub isnt here to answer your questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeD View Post
you dont need to be black, you need a fucking sandwich, you look like you spent the summer at auschwitz

Last edited by Raz; 01-23-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwill View Post
all time favorite rider is a given, but what's the best non-bmx related story from all the road fools you've been on?
The time we pulled in to some random fair with the "Back Street Boys" sign on the bus and the people were telling us were to set up. That was a pretty funny situation.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Stephen Hawking offline
In Training.

Stephen Hawking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Hawking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinghera View Post
what went through your mind before you did the rail manual at domino plaza in philly?
deff want to know this, i did an intervieww with you last year at trans am jam and my class loved it thanks again, it was a great experience. How often to you ride philly
Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Van Homan offline
www.twobyfourstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontohio View Post
what is it like having a semi truck driving behind you carrying your balls?
whats your favorite trick?
Table Tops, 360s and Ice Pick grinds would all have to be up there in my favs.