Go Back   The Come Up Board > ASK THE PROS.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:25 PM
lewis211 offline
In Training.

lewis211 is on a distinguished road

me too. It's been in the works for ages now
It might be time to go see a doctor that can help you get over the days when your daddy used to put his finger in your butt hole and make you suck his dick.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:31 PM
bluemeate offline
Platinum.

bluemeate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp_manat View Post
how long will my ratchet last if I never do any maintenance?
srsly

also do you ever think maybe you made the flanges just a bit to thick

i run mine with a gland, but the gap is so big that all the pressure or w/e on the gland has pushed the spokes back as if i had just simply smashed them into the ledge w/ no hub guard at all... already broke a spoke due to this after like 2 months

howd you get on the cover of ride for a wallride?

you kick ass

Last edited by bluemeate; 11-06-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 PM
DirtyFellow offline
Platinum.

DirtyFellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAM22. View Post

Go!
I bet you can do some sick nose mannys in this puppie
Old 11-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Blahzee offline
Triple Platinum.

Blahzee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsport View Post
Define "stronger".

George
which one is more likely to break first, what one lasts the longest?
those are the two main reasons i'd rather stay behind the lens
if i fuck up & take a fall trying to do something for a clip, i'm in debt for a year...shits just not worth it
Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 PM
fede/bmx1 offline
Is bout to pop off!

fede/bmx1 is on a distinguished road

I have had an interesting history with G-sport. My Ratchet came kinda messed up (stripped engagement ring) then my Marmoset wobbled. Got both of those things sorted out, and now I have an indestructible wheel set.
Thank you!
Couple years latervvvvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
lol why was i such a faggot.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:30 PM
gsport offline
New.

gsport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLDOGCF View Post
Yes, we do.
OK. 543 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeate View Post
srsly

also do you ever think maybe you made the flanges just a bit to thick

i run mine with a gland, but the gap is so big that all the pressure or w/e on the gland has pushed the spokes back as if i had just simply smashed them into the ledge w/ no hub guard at all... already broke a spoke due to this after like 2 months

howd you get on the cover of ride for a wallride?

you kick ass
The flanges are made as thick as possible because that makes them as strong as possible. A highly tensioned steel spoke is always going to dig into a (by comparison) soft aluminium flange (even though it is 7075). A thicker flange gives more support and makes spokes less likely to break.
Obviously your own experience leads you to believe that this is not the case, but my guess is that there are other factors at work here, and that a thinner flange given the same riding history would have broken more easily.

The Ride cover photo was one I sent in to use for an advert. Mark liked it as asked if he could have it for the cover. Obviously I was stoked and said yes. Getting a cover isnt necessarily about doing the craziest trick, but more about a photo that captures an aspect of BMX.
In my opinion, a good wallride is one of the nicest feelings in BMX, and dodging traffic on an unseasonally nice winters day to get it is all good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahzee View Post
which one is more likely to break first, what one lasts the longest?
That is always going to depend on how it is loaded and no two riders stress a bike in exactly the same way.
Obviously I am not exactly impartial in this matter and I also havent done detailed fatigue or absolute strength tests on the T1, and even if I had it would only be on one production sample and I could only load in one or two ways.
Having had a lot of input on the structural design and manufacturing regime of the Sunday and Funday frames I would vouch for their strength and durability, but it would be pretty unfair for me to comment on the T1 when I have zero data to go with...

I guess I should have given this answer the first time you asked....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fede/bmx1 View Post
I have had an interesting history with G-sport. My Ratchet came kinda messed up (stripped engagement ring) then my Marmoset wobbled. Got both of those things sorted out, and now I have an indestructible wheel set.
Thank you!
I am really sorry that you had to go through the warranty process to get to this position, but thanks for sticking with them and giving them another chance. We had a very small number of problems with one of our factories not always following our quality control procedures to the letter, there wasnt anything wrong with their manufacturing ability, but their ability to catch the one in a hundred hubs that are off tolerance was not perfect, and eventually we had to take these two items somewhere else. Happily we have been able to work super closely with the new factory (who ONLY make hubs for us) and they are incredibly diligent about QC.

George
Old 11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
agusbmxarg offline
STAY WACHIPIOLA ALL DAY

agusbmxarg has a spectacular aura aboutagusbmxarg has a spectacular aura about

that sounds legit, i would buy the Ratchet hub if they were available here in Argentina.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Maniacal offline
Banned.

Maniacal is on a distinguished road

I am an aerospace welder, and I work with all kinds of different material, super-alloys and shit. The company I work for has like 5 aerospace engineers, and I am very confident that you know more than they do when it comes to material properties, structural integrity, ect. I know at least as much as they do. Haha The new one doesn't even know how to read blueprints or weld symbols.

I have been riding my whole life (raced until I was 13/14), the last 3 or 4 years have been dedicated to my career. I am a welder because of you.

Thank you for inspiring me to get into something cool(engineering, high quality manufacturing). I cant wait to buy a G-coaster.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:08 PM
MurdaBraid offline
Gold user.

MurdaBraid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
I am an aerospace welder, and I work with all kinds of different material, super-alloys and shit. The company I work for has like 5 aerospace engineers, and I am very confident that you know more than they do when it comes to material properties, structural integrity, ect. I know at least as much as they do. Haha The new one doesn't even know how to read blueprints or weld symbols.

I have been riding my whole life (raced until I was 13/14), the last 3 or 4 years have been dedicated to my career. I am a welder because of you.

Thank you for inspiring me to get into something cool(engineering, high quality manufacturing). I cant wait to buy a G-coaster.
so basically what you're asking is if you can suck his dick??
Old 11-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Maniacal offline
Banned.

Maniacal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaBraid View Post
so basically what you're asking is if you can suck his dick??
No. I just have a lot of respect for George.

What do you do, flip burgers at McDonald's? 16 year old burger flipper, big shot? See how far that takes you.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 PM
fede/bmx1 offline
Is bout to pop off!

fede/bmx1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsport View Post

I am really sorry that you had to go through the warranty process to get to this position, but thanks for sticking with them and giving them another chance. We had a very small number of problems with one of our factories not always following our quality control procedures to the letter, there wasnt anything wrong with their manufacturing ability, but their ability to catch the one in a hundred hubs that are off tolerance was not perfect, and eventually we had to take these two items somewhere else. Happily we have been able to work super closely with the new factory (who ONLY make hubs for us) and they are incredibly diligent about QC.

George
No problem man. Still the best hubs around!
Couple years latervvvvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
lol why was i such a faggot.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:52 PM
crzdcole offline
Platinum.

crzdcole is on a distinguished road

have you ever skydived?

refs:dave_k kiyo on vital.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:09 PM
samharris offline
In Training.

samharris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzdcole View Post
have you ever skydived?
lol
Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
squiddy offline
Platinum.

squiddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
have you ever skydived?
How about deep sea dived?
Old 11-08-2009, 03:01 AM
MurdaBraid offline
Gold user.

MurdaBraid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
No. I just have a lot of respect for George.

What do you do, flip burgers at McDonald's? 16 year old burger flipper, big shot? See how far that takes you.

ahahahahahhaha. try carpenter for a high end residential contruction company. im not 16 and i make plenty of money. it has taken me far already and the opportunities are endless. sincerely murdabraid.

faggot
Old 11-08-2009, 12:03 PM
gsport offline
New.

gsport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
have you ever skydived?
No, but I would love to. Seems a shame that you have to do loads of training etc before they will let you have a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddy View Post
How about deep sea dived?
Nope, but I cant say that one appeals as much.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:46 PM
karlos offline
Gold user.

karlos is on a distinguished road

i'd like to know why i had to order my hub from UK because nobody sells g-sport besides for glands and plegs in spain.

also id like to have an email where i can talk to you everytime i have any issue in my bike ,thanks george for existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garebear View Post
oh god I lol'd so hard. sometimes i thank god for language barriers lol. i love you karlos
Old 11-08-2009, 10:16 PM
sinkoman offline
Platinum.

sinkoman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sinkoman

How can you tell if a driver bearing has shat the bed? My Primo Mix has been going on the same bearings for comming up on a year, and I noticed not too long ago that, when spun with ones fingers, one of the driver bearings makes a little inaudible *click* at a certain spot, yet spins entirely smooth. Gonna leave it till it dies, but i'm curious to know what that means.

Also, the only Gsport product i've ever owned was 20.75 sunday second wave, and I can safely say that I regret going to a fit when I upgraded to a larger frame. The fit feels beautiful for sure, hell I can also safely say that I like the geo of the fit a LOT more, but I miss that "skateboard" feel of the sunday. It was just a "bike", and I didn't give a fuck if I slammed it into a rail or nose cased it off some stairs, kinda like how skaters don't give a fuck about their skateboard.

But the fit feels more like it's "my baby". I used to ghostride my sunday in empty parking lots for fun. I'd never even think of doing that on my fit.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:45 PM
[kts] offline
Platinum.

[kts] is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to [kts]

what's the time frame looking like for the release of the ratchet guard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRider View Post
i already thought of that but i cant match my bike with those colors anyway
Old 11-09-2009, 03:56 AM
41Thermal offline
In Training.

41Thermal is infamous around these parts41Thermal is infamous around these parts

George, how do you feel about Odyssey having the most useless warranty known to mankind and how it may stop people from buying your products?