Go Back   The Come Up Board > ASK THE PROS.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 AM
ADAM22. offline
Mr. Internet.

ADAM22. has disabled reputation
Default MIKE ARDELEAN Q&A.

Mike has agreed to do a Q&A on the site. I don't even know how to introduce the dude, the fact that he went from "that dude in Nowhere Fast" to the guy who now runs MOSH and Giant's entire BMX line is a start though. Enjoy.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:21 AM
hax offline
Double Platinum.

hax is on a distinguished road

mike ardelean, what do i recieve for joining the lavar haters club?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 AM
manx_rob offline
More legit.

manx_rob is on a distinguished road

When is mosh going to be available in the uk? ever?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Tom Cruise offline
The Messiah

Tom Cruise is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tom Cruise

What made you decide to leave Volume? Two years ago, I was trying to cop enough money to get one of your Volume frames, and then they stopped selling them. I was really bummed.
MYSPACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillum View Post
capone, you mine as well be chinese because i have no fucking clue what you're trying to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by burbsrider View Post
nobody out grills ice cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by .mick View Post
SODOMY FUCK YEAH
Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 PM
jRoss offline
Triple Platinum.

jRoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jRoss

when and where will giant frames be avalible and how much do they weigh?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:16 PM
momentumbmx offline
In Training.

momentumbmx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to momentumbmx

why did u start ridin pegless...i liked seein footage of you with 4 pegs you always killed it and still do i just liked the 4 peg mike better no homo.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
TheLegendHimself offline
Quadruple Platinum.

TheLegendHimself is on a distinguished road

Hey Mike, i got a couple good questions.

I've always been a fan of the mosh line up, and have had a few mosh parts through the years.

Mosh seems to be keeping a low profile right now, and even though you guys never dropped off the map after the bikes stopped happening how come the parts line up was kept undercover ?

Like you guys had the wood grain and that was a pretty big innovation, i just think you guys didn't get enough credit.

so now how come mosh is only doing parts but giant will be doing the frames forks etc ? what was the decision behind that ? or will we start to see mosh frames ? ( which in my opinion would be preferable to the giant branded one )

and what can we epect to see in the future ? the deep brown anodizng is great are there any other interesting colors planned ?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
cp_manat offline
In Training.

cp_manat is on a distinguished road

Have you ever lived somewhere with real winters? The new England life is tough.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 PM
John Oates offline
Double platinum user.

John Oates is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to John Oates Send a message via Yahoo to John Oates

^ michigan mike yo....

-tbag-
Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 PM
SasquatchStatus offline
More legit.

SasquatchStatus is on a distinguished road

Doesnt have much to do with you being pro, but Ive heard you are a BMW guy. Whats the current whip?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
the SOUP! offline
Platinum.

the SOUP! is on a distinguished road

what was your original intro going to be for the salvation video?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
laynehip offline
Platinum.

laynehip is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to laynehip

in that red bull contest there is a guy on a green bike with chromish handlebars
it looked a lot like you
was it you?
if it was it was some incredible riding so good job
and if it wasent somebody looks a lot like you
and i found an old poster of you hopping over a passat
it made me happy
Old 11-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Ardelean offline
Has a Q&A thread.

Ardelean is on a distinguished road

Hey what’s up everyone. Here are some answers:

Manx_Rob: MOSH can be distributed in the UK via Giant UK, so if they get enough requests, they might bring in MOSH. Ask your local shop and it could happen.

Chupanibre: The Volume split was a long time in the making. The simple version is that Brian and I couldn’t possibly be more different when it comes to our views and the way we think things should work, so I decided to stop forcing it. I’m glad you liked the frame though, thanks!

JRoss: Giant frames are coming later. For now, it’s just completes, and they’re sold at Giant dealers. Find one here: http://giantbicycle.com/en-US/dealers/

MomentumBMX: I took my pegs off because I wanted to just ride a few sessions and see what it was like. I did that and got addicted, so they stayed off. I also got addicted to not having cops and skaters pissed at me. It’s sort of like having a free pass to skateparks and spots, because you don’t have 4 steel prongs sticking out of your bike. But if I got the urge, I’d put them back on in a second.

TheLegendHimself: Thanks for the compliments. The truth is that MOSH coasted for a while without any new parts, because there was no one here to develop them. After I took the job, we got it going. Just yesterday we posted up some of the new line on www.moshparts.com .

The decision was made years ago to turn MOSH into a parts brand, so all of us on the team got other frame sponsors but stayed on the parts. Since then the frame/bike program has been all Giant, and it’s going really well.

For colors, we're doing copper brown, black and dark woodgrain (named Rich Mahogany after Ron Burgundy’s apartment).

CP_Manat: Yeah, I grew up in Michigan for 20 years, so I know what’s up with winters.

SasquatchStatus: Yes I’m in love with BMWs, especially older ones. Right now I have a pair of 1980's 528e cars. One is sorta dialed; the other is stock and it’s for sale.

Soup, I’m not sure what my original intro was going to be for the Salvation video… was I going to have an intro? Laynehip, no that wasn’t me. Glad you like the poster! My mom still has it on the wall at home.
[/SIZE]
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 AM
LAteddy offline
In Training.

LAteddy is on a distinguished road

Here's an interesting one. I'm from LA (below the airport) and in my town nobody rides except some motorcycle bros who just like doing big burners and tabletops on jumps. Also, my town is very enclosed and I very rarely go out to meet people. Will you ride with me?

N/H
Old 11-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Sam's Nuts offline
More legit.

Sam's Nuts is on a distinguished road

I baught that Mosh Lux Four Star complete thing years ago.

Almost everything on that bike was nice, chunky and unbendable.
I just really want to know why you would make such a nugget bike and then neglect something like all the threads and bolts?
If it weren't for all the threads stripping off everything and the allen bolts rounding out then I would probably be a bit more of a Mosh supported now.

I remember I had to angle grind my cranks out just last year because I had rounded out the right and side pinchbolt and the left hand side compression bolt.
Hahah
Well I spose my question is.
Can I trust Mosh bikes now?
Have things like that been fixed and if I buy a mosh stem will I strip it to pieces and get really pissed off?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 AM
CarlosJ offline
8======|) <3 <3 <3

CarlosJ is on a distinguished road

If you stopped getting paid for bmx shit, what type of job would you look for? I always think about how fuckin good it would be to be paid for somehting having to do with bmx, sales, riding or whatever the fuck...but then i go to my job everyday and only have time to ride like once a week..
Old 11-15-2007, 05:06 AM
the SOUP! offline
Platinum.

the SOUP! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the SOUP! View Post
what was your original intro going to be for the salvation video?
I remember the beginning of your Salvation part their was that voice mail that you left Rich concerning your intro for the video, something about you wanting to do something with a Camaro for your intro. Hope you understand what I mean.

Here is another question concerning your Salvation video part, I noticed there was a lot of Woodward footage. Do you still go to Woodward? What is the craziest trick you have thrown down in the foam and resi?

(the Salvation video was a huge influence on my riding when it came out, Kevin Porter got me obsessed with crankflips)

Last edited by the SOUP!; 11-15-2007 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Ardelean offline
Has a Q&A thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAteddy View Post
Here's an interesting one. I'm from LA (below the airport) and in my town nobody rides except some motorcycle bros who just like doing big burners and tabletops on jumps. Also, my town is very enclosed and I very rarely go out to meet people. Will you ride with me?

N/H
Sure, come up to the Santa Monica skatepark tonight (Thursday) and say what's up. You're really close to Hawthorne skatepark too; there's usually a session going on there in the evenings with a few BMXers.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Ardelean offline
Has a Q&A thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's Nuts View Post
I baught that Mosh Lux Four Star complete thing years ago.

Almost everything on that bike was nice, chunky and unbendable.
I just really want to know why you would make such a nugget bike and then neglect something like all the threads and bolts?
If it weren't for all the threads stripping off everything and the allen bolts rounding out then I would probably be a bit more of a Mosh supported now.

I remember I had to angle grind my cranks out just last year because I had rounded out the right and side pinchbolt and the left hand side compression bolt.
Hahah
Well I spose my question is.
Can I trust Mosh bikes now?
Have things like that been fixed and if I buy a mosh stem will I strip it to pieces and get really pissed off?

I was just a rider back then and had nothing to do with the bikes, but I can tell you that for a $450 top-of-the-line complete bike, I was pretty psyched on the Brass. Maybe the less expensive nuts and bolts are what kept the cost down. MOSH no longer makes bikes. These days, the high-end Giant bikes have MOSH parts, so no, to answer your question, we haven't had any bolt stripping problems. In the event that you do have any sort of problem, the warranty department here will take good care of you.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Ardelean offline
Has a Q&A thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosJ View Post
If you stopped getting paid for bmx shit, what type of job would you look for? I always think about how fuckin good it would be to be paid for somehting having to do with bmx, sales, riding or whatever the fuck...but then i go to my job everyday and only have time to ride like once a week..
I have a friend that gets paid to take care of a famous movie director's white tigers and other exotic pets. I would probably look for a job like that. Or, I'd try to work more with apparel.