Go Back   The Come Up Board > ASK THE PROS.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:21 AM
lifeonautopilot offline
Gold user.

lifeonautopilot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lifeonautopilot

I've always wanted to try and start my own company so I was wondering if you had any advice or tips on doing so? Also this might be kinda the same thing but how exactly do you start company like if i wanted to start my own parts company what's some things I should check out or look for if that makes sense. Sorry for the long question.

Last edited by lifeonautopilot; 12-11-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:33 AM
ontariobmxer offline
New.

ontariobmxer is on a distinguished road

What's up with Paul B.? Will he have a part in the new video, if there is one.? Your part in Grounded was amazing! Just proves you don't have to do the lastest freecoasting trick to put out an amazing part. That is truley what BMX is.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:04 AM
julstar79 offline
Gold user.

julstar79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to julstar79 Send a message via Yahoo to julstar79

Joe, thanks for everything. I sent you an email regarding my brand new Barcode. I love it, my question is, will you be making any changes to it for 08? If so, book me for an all black one, 20.6. I will be buying a Barcode every year from now on....T-1 4 life...

Refs: OBMXkid, Muffinman, Eggs, Motobrando, Aetsh, Chill Bro, Keystone, Mike A, Troy Polamalu...
Old 12-11-2007, 02:44 AM
t1bmxrder offline
Platinum.

t1bmxrder is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to t1bmxrder

why did it take so long for t-1 stuff to be sold on dans? support your local bike shop CIRCUITBMX.COM
any way t1 frames are the best been running them since 04. 21 barcode, 20.3 ruben(witch was the best size ever.) and this year 20.6 hickerson/moody love the frame but want a smaller size.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:12 AM
Danny Glover offline
Gold user.

Danny Glover is on a distinguished road

haha he hasn't answered one question yet
Old 12-11-2007, 05:15 AM
Joel6303 offline
Gold user.

Joel6303 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Joel6303

Its because he is in the middle of airing out a quarter. It will take a while for him to come down. Keep going high Joe!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Old 12-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Joe Rich is on a distinguished road
Default Fuck yeah !

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroadsbmx View Post
wow. amazing.
2 words that made my day as soon as I looked at this. Thanks !, I realize you may have seen this as a thread already, but I didn't quite know how to work this site. Bare with me !
Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by obmxkid View Post
Are you Filming for Anthem 2?
I was actually talking about that with Stu the other day. I'm not filming a full part or anything like that, but I believe there is to be a section full of the dudes from the first one. A few tricks each. Good times !
Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by erics View Post
So whats it like being God?
ha ha ha . . . who?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
i just wanted to tell you that i had my class watch t-1 world tour for my history class.my teacher loved it.im my opinion fbm,terrible one and fit are the best companies in bmx!
Wow, that's amazing ! Better yet, you pretty much summed up my whole vision with doing that video. There is so much that can come with riding a bike. Stuff that people who don't ride would never think of when they see a kid on a bmx. Little do they know . . . that was one hell of a time man . . . thanks for the cool words.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncey billups View Post
what was it like on the T1 world tour? how amazing was it? i am going to south africa next year. any suggestions on what to do, where to go etc...?
The world tour was a dream come true. I can remember when I was actually buying all the plane tickets and thinking, " what the fuck, this is really going to happen ?! " It was the right timing for it all. We all could make it happen at that time in our lives, and we seized the moment so to say. I wouldn't trade those 200 days for anything. yeah, it was 200 ! Seeing something brand new every day for that long will change your entire life. You can't help but see life differently.

South Africa was probably the country that had the most impact on me. It was amazing. Almost impossible to put into words. But the people there are incredible and the country is so beautiful. They have one hell of a riding scene there these days as well. You will be so happy that you booked that ticket for yourself. I'd say try to see as much of the country as possible. Do everything ! But then again, that last sentence is something i try and do as much as possible. Ryan Worcester however, is the definition of those words !
Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroadsbmx View Post
how do you feel about grind lines in videos and the current trend of street riding?
All that I know is that if you are putting your time in, you can do things however you want to. I don't feel right to judge someone on that. Because how can you criticize how someone wants to ride their bikes? . . . Personally, I'm a fan of the tranny these days more than anything. But I think that the longer you are riding for, the more natural it is to get into different aspects of what you are riding. In the end though, it feels so good to be able to go anywhere and not think, " I don't ride this, I only ride this ! " To me, being well rounded with riding, will make for some better days for everyone.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0tbag0o View Post
how can you handle riding in that horrible Texas Heat?
You get used to it, besides we got Barton Springs here, that will cure any heat exhaustion !
Old 12-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbmx View Post
How do you do it?
How do I do what? I could probably answer this better if I knew more of what you were getting at. Thanks
Old 12-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
i heard a rumour of a new t-1 video in the works, what the deal with that?
Yep, that's my plan. But once again, don't expect it to be like the norm. Its not going to be a "rider section" vid or a random montage either. This one is going to be pretty out there, and fun,but I think many will be able to relate to it.
I haven't really started on it yet, still getting ideas with what I want to do.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleggy View Post
10 years on, whats the most positive thing to change in BMX and whats the most negative, in your opinion of course? (which will constitute as fact anyway, when you supply the answer)
In my opinion, the most positive part of anything is "change" in itself. Even though the best times in your mind may have passed, I think change is necessary for you to even realize that those times were the best. Its hard to really wrap yourself entirely around the best of times as they are happening. Looking back on them, always makes them better. As for the most negative, that would be tough to answer. If anything, I feel that people are more worried about what everyone else is doing more these days. They base their decisions on their reaction to others. Rather than just thinking along their own path. Maybe the internet is at fault for that. It brings too much of the "now" to the table. And it puts everyone in a frenzy. There is nothing left to wonder about . . . and to me that's sad.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloncholysymphony View Post
was that you in pittsburgh a few months ago? maybe may or june shooting with doyle for his props bio. he was whipping that huuuge gap at martin luther school in north side. i was there with a couple friends and i was riding around your camera pods and lights (probably annoying you). i didnt recognize you cause i never really kept up with videos or internet sites until recently. i apologize if it was you for getting in your way. and it was an honor to watch you set your lights up
I just read a few threads down and saw that you realized this wasn't me. No worries ! But god damn is Doyle ever a beast !
Old 12-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FUCKING BEST View Post
is it hard to drag your nuts around when you leave the house, as 99% of internet BMX's mouths are attached firmly to them?

i mean, you've got huge balls so the square footage is definitely available, but it must be tough to get a pair of jeans on, i'm just saying...
I don't even know what to say to this . . . I think thanks though !Ha ha ha, maybe that's why the girl jean trend never appealed to me. Function before fashion . . . . isn't that what they say ?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:38 AM
anti street offline
Oil.

anti street is an unknown quantity at this point

in my eyes you're the original "consistently go big" guy .. quarter pipes, spines, hips especially. whats it like looking at all the younger riders (chase hawk ect.) kind of molding a recognizable style and trend thats largely influenced by you?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat View Post
Hi Joe! Which riders did you look up to when you were young, who did you like to watch/ride with during the road fools one era and who are you into these days?
The first person I ever saw that I was amazed by was a guy named Gabriel that rode for Kuwahara. I went to their summer tour in 87 and saw him roasting a quarter pipe. Right then and there is what made me want to start riding. As I got into it more, I looked up to Jay Longergan the most. He was a guy from my neighborhood that was a super good racer but could ride anything. Today he is someone I still look up to, hang out with, and am grateful to have as a friend. Then came Ron Wilkerson and Matt Hoffman. God Damn is all I have to say. I had those 2 plastered all over the walls in my room.

The era that surrounded the first Road Fools was nothing short of amazing. There was alot of progression around that time and we weren't really sure even what we were doing. Just having fun and being like, " I guess I'll try this now ! " I had only lived in Austin about 2 months before going on that trip. Me and Taj had just got done filming for Anthem and were still in that mode. We would go riding every day and trade off every other day with who was going to be primarily riding that day, and who was filming. It was a good way to stay motivated. Road Fools just felt like a continuation of that. It was good times from start to finish. But it seemed more like we were all just having a session without thinking so much that it was actually being filmed. Because there was nothing prior for us to base it on. If we drove all day, cool, if we rode street, cool, if we wanted to ride jumps all day and the biggest tricks were 270's, turndowns, and x-ups, then fuck yeah it was a good day. Looking back on it all now seems nuts. To have been a part of it all . . . I can remember so much of it like yesterday.

These days, I like watching people smile when they ride. People that do stuff because it really feels good. I got a pretty long list, but here are just a few that come to mind . . . Ruben (probably my favorite of all time), Chase Hawk, Logan Balbirona, Coco Zurita, Jay Lonergan, Mr Byrnes, Russell Brindley, Chris Hallman, BF, Aitken. Yeah . . . those dudes rule.

Last edited by Joe Rich; 12-11-2007 at 06:55 AM.