Go Back   The Come Up Board > ASK THE PROS.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Joe Rich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispy View Post
got a couple questions about t-1. like when you started the company what was your motivation and overall goal with t-1, well yours and taj`s actually. and what are your goals now with t-1 since? why did it take so long for the integrated ht and spanish bb to finally apear on the barcode? i mean you already had them on the ruben and garret frames. and how do you feel about running t-1 by yourself since taj left, do you like it more or less?
This is going to be a pretty long answer so i'm going to save it til tomorrow . . . I'll be back on this one.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariobmxer View Post
What's up with Paul B.? Will he have a part in the new video, if there is one.? Your part in Grounded was amazing! Just proves you don't have to do the lastest freecoasting trick to put out an amazing part. That is truley what BMX is.
I just hung out with Paul last week while I was visiting the great white north. I was sitting in a coffee shop in Vancouver, waiting to meet up with Mr Buchanan, and he came riding down the street in the middle of a blizzard. Classic. He's doing good. He's doing custom construction for different people. He bounces from job to job, but he's good at what he does. He is also starting to learn more about anodizing. He has a buddy that is getting into it so he's learning along side him.

If you read my other post, you'll probably know the answer to this one. Paul will be a big part of T1's next video for sure, but I don't have any intentions of doing rider sections.

Thanks for the good words about my part in Grounded. I wanted my part to be about the way I ride my bike on any given day. But I guess for the vid, I just wanted to add a couple of feet up from my daily norm. I hope that becomes more norm next time and I get to add a couple more feet. Cheers !

Last edited by Joe Rich; 12-11-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by julstar79 View Post
Joe, thanks for everything. I sent you an email regarding my brand new Barcode. I love it, my question is, will you be making any changes to it for 08? If so, book me for an all black one, 20.6. I will be buying a Barcode every year from now on....T-1 4 life...
Thanks man ! I appreciate it ! As of right now I have what the specs are on the new frames on our website. Just look under the frames section. These frames have gone through many stages of minor changes from its beginning. Does the word "classic" sound weird to use? I think the way they are now are the best they've ever been. Once again, change is good in this case.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1bmxrder View Post
why did it take so long for t-1 stuff to be sold on dans? support your local bike shop CIRCUITBMX.COM
any way t1 frames are the best been running them since 04. 21 barcode, 20.3 ruben(witch was the best size ever.) and this year 20.6 hickerson/moody love the frame but want a smaller size.
There was a bunch of old bullshit that needed to die before we hooked up with them again. The people that are running the show these days are all nice people, and I'm glad that the past is the past. That's all that matters right now . . . But, I'm glad that you dig the frames man. I love hearing this stuff. ha ha. . . Thanks!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Joe Rich offline
www.terribleone.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti street View Post
in my eyes you're the original "consistently go big" guy .. quarter pipes, spines, hips especially. whats it like looking at all the younger riders (chase hawk ect.) kind of molding a recognizable style and trend thats largely influenced by you?
Well thanks so much man. I guess I've always just ridden the way that felt good. Roasting shit is just so much fun ! I've said this before, but I never really saw any transition period from riding everyday after school, to wherever it is that I am now. So its kind of hard for me to step back and feel like "that guy" you are referring to. But your words do make me feel good . . . When I watch someone like Chase ride, I think to myself " Holy shit, I want to ride like that, I want to feel those things he's feeling right now ! " So I guess its all a cycle eh?! There really is no being ahead or behind. There is always someone to learn from no matter what you do or who you are.

Last edited by Joe Rich; 12-11-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
ADAM22. offline
Mr. Internet.

ADAM22. has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rich View Post
These days, I like watching people smile when they ride.
That's awesome to read... I hate seeing kids who just seem like they are going through the motions and aren't having a good time.

Thanks again for doing this thread man, it's awesome so far.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:24 AM
RatioBMX offline
In Training.

RatioBMX is on a distinguished road

Joe, when is the next time you plan on heading to Spain again??
I still havent riden with Ruben. So riding with both of you would be great.

now i feel like a little kid

8OH8
Old 12-11-2007, 01:17 PM
kilgore offline
Gold user.

kilgore is on a distinguished road

-top 5 albums (or bands, if you like)

-top 5 movies

-when you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Chad offline
Comb.

Chad is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, Do you still shoot photos a bunch?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 PM
pat offline
Banned.

pat is on a distinguished road

any chance of seeing a recent riding photo you took that you're stoked on? Sorry I know i'm trying to free load, but I bet you get some amazing shots with the T-1 ramp setup and the riders about in Austin.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:24 PM
timokanefoto offline
Gold user.

timokanefoto is on a distinguished road

that's awesome to hear paul b. will have some footage in your new video! fun to watch when he comes up to our trails, you should get him to bring you up to whistler if you're in b.c. next summer... have you guy's been filming already?

www.revtrails.blogspot.com
Old 12-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Skids&Wheelies offline
www.timelessbmx.com

Skids&Wheelies is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, I remember you used to have a Bruce Lee sticker on your head tube. I've read quite a few of Bruce Lee's books and he's always made view things in a new way I didn't think of before. What's your take on his writings?

How does it feel having Spooky Dave welding your frames again?

And lastly, what were you thinking with that double peg to stair glide in Grounded?!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:45 PM
prbmx offline
is probably talking out of his ass right now.

prbmx is on a distinguished road

Sorry Joe, by how do you do it? I meant how do you do all of the things you do, and be soooo good at them? Wicked riding, Wicked pics, Wicked company!!! WICKED MAN
Old 12-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Tom Blyth offline
Cream.

Tom Blyth is on a distinguished road

Hey
I tore my ACL in october and am currently waiting for surgery. I'm just starting to think about getting back on my bike in the mean time, any words of advice about that or the injury in general as someone who's been through it all before?
Thanks.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
LAbmx offline
Oil.

LAbmx is on a distinguished road
Default Dude

Joe, I'm curious to know. As a teenager growing up, what gave u motivation to keep riding?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:07 PM
timokanefoto offline
Gold user.

posted by tom blyth

Hey
I tore my ACL in october and am currently waiting for surgery. I'm just starting to think about getting back on my bike in the mean time, any words of advice about that or the injury in general as someone who's been through it all before?
Thanks.

hey man i blew out mine in july and i'm sure you're back to walking around with only a bit of discomfort, but getting back to riding might not be the smartest thing, if you can afford a real good brace then i would get one if you are gonna ride 'cause i popped mine out a couple more times, which ended up giving me some tears in my meniscus.....if you can wait 'till your surgery i would say do it, but i do know how much waiting sucks....

Old 12-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Tom Blyth offline
Cream.

Tom Blyth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by timokanefoto View Post
posted by tom blyth

Hey
Thanks.

hey man i blew out mine in july and i'm sure you're back to walking around with only a bit of discomfort, but getting back to riding might not be the smartest thing, if you can afford a real good brace then i would get one if you are gonna ride 'cause i popped mine out a couple more times, which ended up giving me some tears in my meniscus.....if you can wait 'till your surgery i would say do it, but i do know how much waiting sucks....

Thanks man, I definitely can't afford a brace so I was thinking about just taking it easy but still having a ride. I'll take on board what you said before I do though, thanks.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:57 PM
ADAM22. offline
Mr. Internet.

ADAM22. has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skids&Wheelies View Post
And lastly, what were you thinking with that double peg to stair glide in Grounded?!
I was curious about this too. It was so big and brutal and unexpected... loved it haha.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 PM
obmxkid offline
www.obmx.com

obmxkid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rich View Post
I was actually talking about that with Stu the other day. I'm not filming a full part or anything like that, but I believe there is to be a section full of the dudes from the first one. A few tricks each. Good times !
Cant wait the first one made me move to Pa, simply amazing that all i gots to say
Old 12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
timokanefoto offline
Gold user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timokanefoto View Post
posted by tom blyth

Hey
Thanks.

Thanks man, I definitely can't afford a brace so I was thinking about just taking it easy but still having a ride. I'll take on board what you said before I do though, thanks.

i did ride a bit, but was mostly stuck to digging.....but that just put me back on the couch a couple more times....i wouldn't try anything to serious but just pedaling around and working on keeping good flexibility before you get surgery....good luck man